Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chocolate chip & bacon cookies

I know it sounds odd, but these are amazing.  Salty and sweet are two things that are great on the palate.  I saw a lot of things with bacon and chocolate going around lately, so I decided to make these.  They're delicious.




The recipe, you ask??
ok, I suppose I can share.

Chocolate Chip & Bacon Cookies

Preheat oven to 375

In a small bowl, mix together
2 1/4 c. flour
1tsp. salt
1tsp. baking soda
set aside

into your mixing bowl, add
1 cube butter (softened)
8 Tbsp. bacon grease
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1tsp. vanilla extract

cream together the butter, bacon grease, and sugars.  add the eggs, one at a time. add the vanilla. once thoroughly blended, add the dry mixture above to the wet, about a third at a time.  once the cookie dough is ready, add 1 bag of chocolate ships (I use semi-sweet) and about 10 strips of cooked and crumbled bacon.  drop by rounded teaspoonful onto a greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 for about 12-14 minutes. Enjoy!!

Cheers,
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment