Thursday, March 31, 2011

One of my favorite things...

Thursday might be my favorite day of the week.  I don't have to work at either job, I get time to sleep in (ahhhhhh), run errands, get the house in order, cook or bake if I feel like doing so, and I finally end up at Thursdays at the Cake!!! I guess I should explain this phenomenon habit of mine, since Thursdays at the cake is just something I made up.

For the past few years, I have been going to the bar at Cheesecake Factory, Huntington on Thursdays.  I have friends who bartend there and they always work Thursday night.  I have made a few new friends who are "regulars".  It feels a little like the show "Cheers", because it's true; "Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name..."  I usually go early for Happy hour, and sit and visit with the guys for a while, and with some of the regular Thursday people. Marc has class on Thursdays, so he rarely gets to join me, but when he's free, he comes along as well.  It's definitely a "more the merrier" crowd.  I enjoy the food and WINE (shocker, right?) and having time to relax.  Once or twice, I've been sick or not able to make it in and had one of the bartenders (John & Eric) call to ask where I am!
So tonight I will continue my self-made tradition and go and enjoy some delicious Cabernet Sauvignon with the guys at the cake.  Now you all know what I mean by Thursdays at the cake, and if you're ever here in NY with me, I'll take you along for an evening of wine, food & fun!!!

Cheers,
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment