Saturday, July 23, 2011

Busy Week!

This past week was pretty busy.  I spent all day last Sunday with Kevin, then Monday, I had to work at the office for a little while.  Tuesday, Marc and I went to a membership drive at Studio Square in Astoria, Queens.  It is a huge biergarten (www.studiosquarenyc.com) and is a really cool place.  Kevin met us there with our friend Taylor.  It was a great time! Wednesday, I worked at the MP and Thursday I went to Thursdays at the Cake.


Yesterday, Marc and I got up and went to pick up some of the grocery items I will need for the fundraising dinner next week, but would have a hard time finding down in Arkansas.  We went to a supply store that caters to restaurants and also carries fresh food.  It's a really cool store, especially if you're like me and love to cook.  We got fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded pecorino romano cheese, fresh green beans, pancetta, and a few other things I can't remember right this second. Getting everything into the fridge was interesting.  It's a bit like a game of Jenga though, so we have to be careful which things we take out or the whole tower might come crashing down!!


Tonight I am working at the MP again.  I think today I am going to blanch the green beans so they'll freeze and keep longer...Gonna call my sweet Grandma because I remember seeing her do that to keep the fresh beans we always picked off the vine.


I am making my lists and getting everything ready to go to Arkansas next week! I am driving down with friends.  I'm really looking forward to the road trip; it's been a while since I went on one.  Got the I-pod loaded with good tunes and last week I bought new tires... I can't wait!!!


Hope everyone had a great week and that you're enjoying your weekend!


Cheers,
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment