Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Nothing exciting

So, I have nothing really exciting to report right now.  I've been trying to get the house back in order since last week's remodel.  There was dust on literally every surface in the house.  I vacuumed everything off on Sunday, and am now kind of going room-by-room to get it all dusted and polished up.  Vacuuming off all the tables made a huge dent in the amount of dust, so it doesn't feel as messy and urgent.  Right now, I'm physically unable to clean the entire house in one fell swoop, like I preferred to do before pregnancy, so I do a little bit and then take a break for a while.  It'll get done, or I'll go crazy.  Stay tuned to see which happens first! ;)

I have been cooking this week, since I can get into the kitchen and not have sheetrock dust in the food.  I made Nasi Goreng Monday night.  I've posted on here how to make it before.  It's a delicious Indonesian curried rice dish that we love.  I hadn't made it in a while, so I made a LOT so we would have left-overs.

Last night, I was going through the freezer and fridge to see what we had in house, and I came up with pork tenderloin rolls stuffed with sautéed garlic, onion, broccoli, & mozzarella.  I am a believer that if something sounds like it would be good together, then it likely will.  I did not use any recipes, just went with my idea.  I pounded the pork chops thin, seasoned them with salt & pepper, then stuffed them with the sautéed broccoli mixture. I secured the rolls with toothpicks.  I then dredged them in a little flour, romano cheese, salt & pepper and browned them in vegetable oil.  Once they were all browned, I put them into a baking dish and topped them with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese, then baked them at 350 for 20 minutes to make sure they were cooked throughout and the cheese was golden and bubbly on top.  I served these with rotini pasta and marinara sauce, or butter  and a fresh mozzarella caprese salad.  It was delicious.  Sorry, I forgot to take a picture.  It was totally experimental, but Marc loved it and said to please make it again.  We will probably have left-overs tonight.  Back to the never-ending dusting and laundry for me.

Cheers,
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment