Tuesday, April 19, 2011

...and In with the new!

Remember the post about the Cream of potato and leek soup where I said I wanted an immersion blender??? Well, guess what? I am now the proud owner of a brand spankin' new empire red kitchen-aid immersion blender!!! (my Mom ROCKS!) Woo-hoo!!! I have a totally normal amount of affection for it LOVE it!!!!

I think I am a little teeny bit obsessed with kitchen gadgets.  Every time I go to Williams-Sonoma or Macy's, I can spend hours in the kitchen department daydreaming and wishing not only that I could afford everything in the store more gadgets, but also that I had the space to store them all when I'm not using them to make cool new recipes.  Hanging out in Williams-Sonoma really makes me daydream about not working  and having a totally fabulous dream kitchen where I entertain friends and family ALL. THE. TIME.  I would love it!! In said daydreams, there's never any mess.  I must have gotten some kitchen cleaning fairies too! HA! That's how I know it's a dream, because the only kitchen fairies that exist are the bad ones that make messes...but I digress...

I took all of the things we got out of the attic last night to the MP to be donated today.  It feels so good to give things that we no longer use away to be used by someone else.  When I got to the restaurant today, my bosses kindly helped me unload my car.  It was COMPLETELY packed.  I laid down the back seats and filled 'er up! (I drive a Nissan Murano, in case you were wondering) I even had a few things in the front seat.  It's a good thing I didn't tackle our closets, I would have had to make more than one trip!  My managers who helped me said I ought to have a lot good Karma headed my way, so here's hoping!

I had intended to get to work dismantling our old rotting wood stoop today with my handy new power drill (thanks, Marc!), but it started raining, so I decided it can wait.  I have the strangest idea that bringing power tools out to work in the rain might not be the best way to use them...

When we were shopping on Sunday, I picked up some fresh flowers for the house.  Lilies are my very favorite, and I bought Stargazers and Casablancas.  They're so fragrant! My favorite flower to smell is Gardenia, but they didn't have any of those.  The buds on the lilies started opening today, so I took a few pictures to share with you.





I hope y'all had a great day, and hope an even better week lies ahead.

Cheers!!
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment