Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'm a girl who loves her power tools

Today we had such beautiful weather that I decided to go outside and demolish dismantle our old wooden stoop.  The wood was beginning to rot, and I could see through the cracks that there was a fully intact brick stoop below it. 




I got out my new drill and old tool box and went to work.  (Thanks, Dad for teaching me to use tools and not to be too girly scared to do it myself!)  I am still scratching my head as to why someone would put wood over brick.  It makes NO sense.



While I was working, my neighbor came home and saw me demo-ing the stoop and brought me his saw.   He helped me saw through the boards on top that were screwed down so tightly that my drill stripped the screws.  It only took about an hour and a half to get done, and I'm really pleased with the way it looks.





I left the wooden sides on for now, because I need to have a mason come out and re-point the bricks and level the center with concrete.  Our chimney is also red brick, so the stoop matches now.  The wood was hideous!!  I love the feeling that comes with accomplishing a task I set out to do.

Now, It's time to shower and go to Thursdays at the Cake!!

Cheers!
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment