Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

To all of you dads out there, Happy Father's Day.  I hope you had a nice and relaxing day with your families.  







I called my dad this morning before Marc and I went to his sister's house for a cookout.  The weather today was just perfect.  It wasn't hot or humid, and I only got 2 mosquito bites!!!! 


We brought the appetizers.  I made cheesy sausage biscuit balls, and onion dip, then we picked up a veggie platter and some chips.  My sister & brother in law cooked steaks, chicken, burgers, bratwursts, and hot dogs, fresh corn on the cob, potato salad, pasta salad, and Nana's cucumber salad.  It was nice, and for dessert, we had summer fruit shortcake: fresh blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries with a healthy dose tiny dollop of fresh, homemade whipped cream. Yum!  The ultimate summer dessert.  We watched the dads open their gifts and then headed home.  


I am getting so excited about going home for the fundraiser!  One of my very best friends has been a busy bee, getting lots of the local businesses to make donations.  She sends me messages every so often saying that she got a new place to donate.  Love you, Shell!! You're going to make this dinner a great success with me! 


I'm looking forward to this week, and hope you all have a great one as well.


Cheers,
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment