Monday, May 9, 2011

I'm Spoiled...and other tidbits.

Tonight, Marc cooked dinner since I had to work at the office until 8pm.  I got home about 8:30 and he already had his new toy fired up.  New toy, you ask?? Yes.  Marc got a brand new stainless steel gas grill, and tonight was the inaugural dinner.



 He grilled a beautiful inch and a half thick ribeye for me, and a whopping porterhouse of the same thickness for himself.  He also grilled bacon wrapped scallops in a ginger-soy glaze and made baked potatoes and steamed fresh green beans.




It was delicious, and WAY too much food for me to eat, so I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow!!

I have to say that steak is my all time most favorite food.  Seriously, if I were stranded on a deserted island and I was allowed to choose one thing that I would have to eat every day for the rest of my life, it would definitely be steak.  It's so delicious and rich, and it better never be overcooked be medium-rare!  I guess that's a little picky for a deserted island, but you get my point.  Y.U.M.

This week I am working a lot. All day at the office tomorrow, then closing the MP tomorrow night, and repeat on wednesday and Friday.  Thursday I'll have to clean and do the laundry and go see a friend I haven't seen in probably 20 years.  I can't believe I can say 20 years ago and remember it.  My, how time flies.

What are your favorite foods? I'd love to know, I am always looking for new things to make and try.

Hope your week has started off well!

Cheers,
Kelli

2 comments: