Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lazy, rainy Sunday

Today is a rainy, lazy Sunday.  I find that I am always very sleepy when it rains, and if there's thunder and lightning, fuhggeddaboutit...I'm completely useless.  Marc isn't home today, so I slept in, and then went to get my nails done and get a pedicure.  I made bacon and eggs for breakfast, and it was SO good!  I've been working so much lately that I have not been getting to cook much.  I don't think I've posted a "tonight's menu" on facebook in at least 2 weeks.  Grrrrrr... I haven't decided what's for dinner yet, but I think I will make some yummies later.  


It was raining pretty steadily while I was making breakfast at 1:00 p.m. after I got up, and I got my camera out to take a picture of our front walk to show you.  We have a tree in the front yard that takes up the ENTIRE left side of the yard.  It's really pretty for ONE week out of the year, then it dumps its flowers all over the yard.  Generally, I wouldn't have any issue with a tree, but this one has a trunk that is about 2 feet tall, then it branches outward.  It's huge, but such a pain because A) it takes up half of the yard, and B) it's too short to just enjoy the shade it provides.  







Don't you love my pretty pink sidewalk??? I just love tracking flower petals across my hardwood floors. This tree is really lucky that I don't own a chainsaw.  If I were living in Arkansas right now, this tree would be firewood! Since I currently live on Long Island, I have to pay someone to take out the tree and haul it away, then grind the stump.  Basically between $800 and $1200.  Yippie! More money for something I could do myself if I had the right tools and a pick-up truck.


I hope you all had a great weekend.  I can't believe it's already the third week of May.  CRAZY.


Cheers,
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment