Monday, May 2, 2011

Just another manic Monday

Don't you want to sing the rest of the line now? I do, so I will!!! ...Wish it was Sunday!!
Ahem...now that I got that out of my system...
Mondays mean back to work for me and most of the rest of the world. Marc had the day off today, which he usually does, (unless he has overtime {woo-hoo!!!}) so he brought leftovers from yesterday's bbq to the office so I could share with the girls.  They loved it, and asked for  recipes.  Mondays seem like such a long work day because we don't close the office until 8 pm.
Tomorrow, I get to go in later, so I can clean the kitchen from the festivities, then I'll go to the office for a few hours, then onto the MP for the rest of the evening.  I guess I just figured out where all my time goes!
I have started planning a fundraiser for my brother's scholarship foundation.  The Justin M. Estes memorial scholarship is a $1000 scholarship given each May to one graduating senior from our little school, Oden High School.  It's not based on scholastic aptitude, but instead on an essay. I was home to present the first one, and have since been on the selection committee each year.  It's important to my family and me to keep it going as long as possible, so in July I am going be doing a fundraiser.  I'll post more about it in a few days when I have more of the details ironed out.  I'm excited to be doing something to help others.  I didn't take any pics today, so I'll leave you with one I took a little while back.

I took this in Turkey in March.  The flower was really bright orange, but I liked it better in black and white.   There's just something so classy about black and white pictures.

Hope your week started out well!

Cheers,
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment